Due to the similarity of the surname, Maria Kulik is sometimes confused with her older colleague Maria Kulikova , especially since the artists have almost the same height (175 and 174 cm, respectively). However, the actress with a shorter generic name is 10 years younger than the namesake, brown-haired, not blonde. The filmography of the young artist is now less extensive than that of the star of the Sklifosovsky TV series , and Maria Jr., unlike her namesake, practically does not give interviews.
Childhood and youth
Masha was born at the end of January 1987 in the capital of the Byelorussian SSR. The artist has a brother Eugene.
Little is known about Mary’s early biography. In 2005, Kulik graduated from the Minsk gymnasium No. 2. Simultaneously with the mastery of geometry and physics, the girl attended a choreographic school.
The young actress has a diploma from the St. Petersburg Academy of Theater Arts. The mentor of the native of Minsk at the institute was Arvid Mikhailovich Zeland.
Studying at SPbGATI introduced Maria to Nikolai Karpov, who became her husband, but the actress prefers to keep her personal life behind a curtain. Kulik is attached to Minsk relatives – photos of her grandmother, parents and nephew appear on the artist’s Instagram page more often than pictures in a swimsuit.
Maria takes other people’s troubles to heart – she can talk to a Moscow bum and touchingly present the biography of a homeless man on VKontakte . Kulik tries to snowboard, but so far she is not doing well. The last film watched by the actress in the cinema before the introduction of quarantine measures in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic was the picture of Sam Mendes “1917”.
Theater and films
While still a student, Maria made her film debut, starring in the film Prodigal Children. The painting “Honor” gave the young actress, who was transformed into a prostitute Zoya, a meeting with Alexei Devotchenko , whom Kulik considers a genius. In 2013, Masha played the hacker girl Sasha Botkina in the detective series “OSA”, but the project received a low rating from viewers and was closed after the first season.
For several years, the actress focused on her theatrical career. As an artist of the Moscow Art Theater named after Maxim Gorky, Maria played the main roles in performances based on the works of Jean Racine, William Shakespeare and Fyodor Dostoevsky . Kulik’s special pride is his participation in the production of The Returners based on the play by Henrik Ibsen . The performance was made in the tradition of an immersive theater – the audience did not sit in the hall, but moved with the actors through the rooms of the Savva Morozov mansion in Dashkov Lane in the Russian capital.
Maria Kulik now
Before the start of the new academic year 2020/21, TNT launched the show of the multi-part film ” The Game of Survival ” with the participation of Maria Kulik. An adventure series with thriller elements tells about the participants of a reality show, who are fighting in the Sayan Mountains for a prize of one million euros. Masha’s heroine’s name is Natalya Ivanova. Also in 2020, the actress starred in the film “Miracle Doctor” by Eduard Oganesyan, in which Anastasia Talyzina and Denis Shvedov played the main roles .
- 2009 – Prodigal Children
- 2011 – “Honor”
- 2012 – “Provincial”
- 2013-2014 – “OSA”
- 2014 – “Code of Honor-7”
- 2016 – “Baltic Spirit”
- 2017 – “Unknown”
- 2017 – “I choose you”
- 2018 – “Heart of a Woman”
- 2018 – “Secrets of Mrs. Kirsanova”
- 2020 – “The Survival Game”
- In her early youth, Kulik worked as a clown doctor. On the page of the actress “VKontakte” posted a photo of Roman Nurullin, a boy who died at the age of 8, in whose vitality and spontaneity Maria fell in love.
- During filming in 2020 in the series “The Game of Survival”, Kulik made friends not only with partners on the site, but also with the pets of some of them – in particular, with a Jack Russell Terrier named Tobby, owned by Vladimir Verevochkin. A snapshot of a cute dog appeared on Maria’s Instagram account.
- Among the namesakes of the actress there are famous artists, hockey players, football players and a skater, the first explorer of the Tunguska meteorite Leonid Kulik and the killer maniac Vasily Kulik.
- Actor Vladimir Kulik, who became famous for his role as Pan Regulator in the long-running sitcom of the Soviet television “Zucchini” 13 chairs “”, played on the same stage with Andrei Mironov.