Want to install Kodi on FireStick? Don’t know where to start from? Well, you landed on the right page. This article is a guide on how to install and use Kodi on FireStick. Keep reading!
Kodi installation on Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV is difficult to figure out. All the information you need is here. Streaming video enthusiasts are probably acquainted with Kodi, as well as XBMC and Xbox Media Center, which were both prior incarnations of the software.
Using Kodi on FireStick, you may manage your own media collection and install a choice of unique add-ons. However, it isn’t as simple to set up on every platform. Look no further if you’re trying to figure out how to install Kodi on FireStick
In contrast to the ease of installing Kodi on a laptop, it is more difficult to do it on a streaming device. Considering that the app’s UI is designed for televisions, it’s ironic.
For people who don’t have much idea about Kodi, don’t worry! We have compiled everything about the software other than how to install and use Kodi on FireStick. Let’s dive in.
What is Kodi?
Open-source media player Kodi builds on the XBMC platform. As a result, it’s suitable for those who have a big number of local media files, as well as NAS systems and personal servers.
Due to FireStick’s limited storage capacity, Kodi is particularly useful because you don’t have to save files on the streaming device. Somewhat like VLC Player, Kodi is capable of playing a wide range of file formats.
You need to take one thing into account no content is provided by Kodi. You have to add your own. However, there are several Kodi addons available that you can use for the content requirements. We have created a list of the most updated best Kodi addons of the year 2022 that you can download and enjoy great content.
What Can You Do With Kodi?
You may use Kodi to play music, movies, TV shows, browse photographs, and watch live tv, as well as many other things.
Kodi has a tonne of configuration options, so you can make it exactly as you want it. As a Kodi feature, addons make up the heart of the software.
Kodi addons, both official and third-party, may be used to watch movies, TV series, live TV, and other media on Kodi, including services like YouTube.
If you wonder what to watch free on FireStick legally, you should check out this link.
Is Kodi Legal?
It is permissible to use Kodi if you are locally managing your legally bought content.
However, there are many addons available for Kodi that you can download. Whereas, Kodi official addons are legal and safe to use. There are plenty of third-party addons that allow you to download and stream that let you watch copyrighted material without the consent of the owner. And using these addons and streaming copyrighted material is not legal.
Is VPN Must for Kodi?
You don’t need a virtual private network, or VPN, if you exclusively use Kodi to stream material you own.
However, you should utilize a VPN as a safety measure if you install any addons that need an internet connection, and are not legal if they stream copyrighted material. Check out the list of best VPN service providers for FireStick.
VPNs can prevent your ISP from monitoring your internet traffic, but this does not mean that you are protected from all privacy and security issues. For example, a virtual private network (VPN) cannot protect you against a phishing site that appears to be legal or from downloading malware. Using a virtual private network (VPN) is no different from using one without one.
Many popular VPNs are available for Fire TV Stick users to download directly from the Fire TV app store. These include VPNs like CyberGhost (free), Express (paid), IPVanish (paid), Ivacy (paid), Nord (free), Pure (paid), SurfShark (free), and TorGuard (paid). It’s also possible to use any of the various APK-based VPNs that are available.
What Can You Watch On Kodi?
All kinds of content are available, from movies and television series to documentaries and live television. It’s true that Kodi does not host any material.
If you want to watch your favorite material on Kodi, you will need to download and install addons. Official addons and third-party ones are both supported by Kodi.
Here’s the list of the most updated and best Kodi addons of the year 2022 for your perusal.
How to Install and Use Kodi on FireStick?
We are sure now you understood what Kodi is, what you can watch using Kodi, is it legal to use Kodi, and other important stuff related to the software. If you are convinced and want to use it, here’s the guide to install Kodi on FireStick.
There are three ways that you can use to install Kodi on FireStick. We will be writing down both the ways, you can choose accordingly.
How to Install Kodi on FireStick using Downloader App?
FireStick users may download Kodi via the Downloader App. To do so, follow the steps below that will help you to install Kodi on FireStick.
- The first step is to open the Firestick Home menu. Click on Settings icon (extreme right-hand corner on the middle bar).
- From the drop-down menu, select My Fire TV option.
- From here, you need to click on Developer Options.
- Choose Apps from Unknown Sources if its off.
- A notification pop-up window will appear, click on Turn On option. This will help you to download apps from unknown sources that are not available on Amazon app store.
- Return to the home page and click on Find option.
- From the drop-down menu, select Search option.
- Type Downloader in the search bar. Click on Downloaderonce you find it in search results.
- Click on the Downloader app card to begin downloading.
- The programme will begin installing after you select Download/Get icon. Wait for the download to finish before continuing.
- To begin using the Downloader app, click on Open.
- It’s time to let the downloading begin. As you are using it for the first time, you see a popup message, click on OK to proceed.
- By default, the Home tab has a text box. Click on Go once you type this URL: bit.ly/kodi-firetv. It will start the downloading process.
- Once the download is complete, choose Install button.
- Click on Done button after the installation is complete.
- To clear up space, click Delete. Choose Delete once again on the next prompt. This will delete the APK file that you have just downloaded as we don’t need it anymore.
Congratulations! You’ve now got Kodi running on your FireStick. And that’s how you can install Kodi on FireStick. Ain’t that easy?
How to Install Kodi on FireStick using ES File Explorer?
Kodi can be installed on a Firestick using ES File Explorer. For those who aren’t happy with the Downloader app and if you want an alternative, you may try ES File Explorer, which works similarly.
However, you need to shell out $9.99 to use ES File Explorer as the app is not free anymore. To install Kodi on FireStick using ES File Explorer, follow the below procedure:
- Follow Step 1-5 from the above process to allow apps to download from unknown sources.
- On FireStick Home page, click on Find and then Search icon to proceed.
- Type ES File Explorer in the search bar and click on it once you find from the list of results.
- Choose ES File Explorer app card from the results. Click on Get or Download option to download it.
- The software will be downloaded and installed automatically. Once it’s completed, use the Open button to open ES File Explorer.
- On ES File Explorer home page, click on Tools. A drop-down menu will appear, choose Download Manager from here followed by + New button on the left-corner of the right pane.
- Enter the Kodi APK URL: bit.ly/kodi-firetv and click on Next. Make sure the URL is accurate before continuing. Click the Download Now button and give the file a name, such as “Kodi.”
- Upon completion of the download, you will be presented with a choice. Select Open the file.
- At the next prompt, run the installation programme. Click on Install button.
- Another confirmation popup will appear, click on Install again to finally install Kodi on FireStick.
- Once it is installed, choose Done to end the process.
And that is how you can install Kodi on FireStick using the ES File Explorer app. Launching Kodi is as simple as going to the Apps area of the Fire TV’s main menu. Before you do anything else, make sure your VPN is turned on!
How to Install Kodi on FireStick using AppStarter?
Using AppStarter, you can install Kodi on a FireStick. FireStick users now use AppStarter to install and manage apps as it’s free. Using AppsStarter, you can easily manage and install apps on FireStick.
To install Kodi on FireStick using AppStarter, follow the below instructions:
- The first step is to make sure that the Apps from Unknown Sources option is turned on. Follow Step 1-5 from method no.1 to do so.
- The Downloader app has to be downloaded from the App Store. For that, you need to follow step 6 – 12 from method no.1.
- One Downloaders home page, input this URL in the URL Bar: bit.ly/appstarter-firetv and then click GO.
- Once it is downloaded, a popup will appear. Select Install button to install AppStarter on Kodi.
- Click on Open on the next prompt to open AppStarter.
- Once it is opened, you will see Kodi not installed on homepage. Choose Install button in front of the Kodi app.
- Wait for the download to complete. Click on Install once asked. And then select Done to end the installation process.
Finally, you’ve completed the installation process. AppStarter has now successfully installed Kodi on FireStick.
How to Use Kodi on FireStick?
Now, you have downloaded Kodi on FireStick using your favorite app. It is time to know how you can Kodi on FireStick. Follow the steps below:
- You need to long press home button on FireStick Remote. A variety of options will be seen on TV, click on Apps.
- You will see the list of apps you have downloaded on FireStick. Select Kodi from the list.
- A popup will appear, click on Continue.
- Kodi will ask the app permission, read those and if you are OK, choose Allow.
- You will be welcomed by the Kodi as shown in the image below.
You can click on Enter Files section to populate it with your personal content. It will automatically differentiate the content by Movies, TV shows, Music, etc. on the left pane.
You can click on Addons as well from the left pane to add official or third-party Kodi addons.
Kodi is pretty easy to use. Just install Kodi on FireStick and watch your favorite movies and TV shows or listen to music on the big screen that you have stored somewhere else.
This is one of the tips that we have for you in this article. If you want to make the most out of your FireStick, you should check our list updated list of best FireStick tips and tricks.
Kodi is an excellent tool for unrestricted media consumption. However, after you’ve installed Kodi on Firestick, be mindful of your streaming habits. It might be prudent to limit your viewing to stuff that you are permitted (and required) to view.
At the absolute least, install a VPN service geared for streaming in general and Firestick in particular. Additionally, this will provide you with a more private streaming experience.
Nevertheless, installing Kodi is simply the first step Hope this guide will provide you with all the information on how to install Kodi on FireStick. You’ll also need certain addons to use Kodi on FireStick if you don’t have personal content.
If you have any problem following the procedures to install and use Kodi on FireStick, let us know and we will try to fix it for you.