Granny Flats Sydney is gaining widespread popularity amongst homeowners. These ADUs help maximizes the space in your home and allows the generation of extra money through rental income.
If you have a granny flat, you may already be wondering how to make the most of the space. There are many inspiring interior design ideas to enhance the space.
Remember, a great design isn’t just about creating a beautiful space. The interiors must also be functional and serve the purpose. Great design can also be surprisingly simple whilst improving the quality of life.
Granny Flat Design Principles
Before you learn about Granny Flats Designs ideas to transform your granny flat, it is worth knowing about the best unifying principles.
- Create Long Views: When you create long site views, it helps create a sense of more space. Avoid stairwell walls or doors that block views. Minimize clutter and furniture. There should be ample sized passageways between furnishings.
- Natural Lighting: Well-designed windows that allow ample sunlight can make the space airy and brighter. This element makes a big impact on mood.
- Ceiling Height: Maximise the height of your granny flat’s ceiling. Typically, the building code has a maximum limit of 15 feet. Make the most of it to make space seem more spacious.
- Right Choice of Colours: Just like light, colors can also affect the mood. Choose interior colors that create positive feelings. The choice of the right colors can also create a sense of bigger space.
Interior Design Ideas
Now that you know which design elements to emphasize, here are some of the most inspiring interior design ideas to transform your Granny Flat Blacktown:
1. Scandinavian Design
Scandinavian is a popular interior style for granny flats. It is characterized by minimalism, practicality, and clean lines.
It is focused on the following elements:
- Simplicity & practicality
- Lighter colors
- Natural illumination
- Functional furniture
There is a great emphasis on bringing natural elements into space, especially vegetation and timber.
2. Cottage Style
This interior design is just perfect for smaller spaces. It stands out for comfort, coziness, and a casual appeal. Some of the key features of cottage styled granny flats include:
- Floral elements
- Handmade elements
- Softer colors
- Wrought iron
- Natural wood
Lounges have floral drapes and bedrooms have embroidered quilts. The furniture is plush and comfortable.
3. Beach House
A beach house style doesn’t mean that your home should be near the ocean. The theme has a timeless appeal to it and triggers seaside emotions. Some of the key design elements associated with this style include:
- Soft blue colors
- Fabrics in stone and sand colors
- Driftwood accents
- Layback furniture in wicker
The layout is airy and open with nautical pictures and coral lamps completing the seaside look.
4. Japanese Style
A Japanese style interior design focuses on simplicity and calmness. It takes its inspiration from the ‘Zen’ theme and focuses on creating an uncluttered and clean living environment. Some of the key features include:
- Sliding doors and screens
- Simple window coverings
- Bamboo and bonsai plants
- Water feature on the deck
- Modern, low-height, wooden furniture
- Soothing natural colors including greens and browns
5. Retro Style
If you love interior design elements from the past, you should consider the retro style. It gets its inspiration from the trends and styles from the 1950s to the 1970s. It uses a bright and bold design and color elements. If you want to create a retro feel in your Granny Flats Sydney, select retro-styled furniture. Examples include:
- A large sofa with pillows in different colors
- Chrome barstools
- Diner-styled kitchen
The colors of choice include avocado green, mustard, yellow, and burnt orange.
So, if you want to create a beautiful interior setting for your granny flats, it is recommended to work out one of these themes. A style that makes you comfortable and is closer to your heart can be the right choice for creating a unique space.