In the last decade, the tiny island country in the Caribbean Sea called the Federation of Saint Kitts and Nevis has unexpectedly become the focus of attention. One of the reasons is that more and more people have been applying for a second passport under the Citizenship by Investment program. As a result, two small islands which had just gained independence from Great Britain in the Caribbean Sea became overnight not only a filming location but also a promising country for obtaining a second passport.
Benefits of a Caribbean passport
Passport programs in the Caribbean are very different from similar proposals by other countries.
- The first thing is a significant difference in the amount of investment if we compare it with Europe. If you need to obtain a passport in Malta, you will need at least €1,000,000. Cypriot citizenship will cost €2.15 million. A significant part of these funds will be non-refundable.
A Caribbean passport for a single investor will cost on average $150,000. And you do not need to give up your business and fly to another country. The whole process of obtaining St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship is done remotely through a licensed agent company.
- Caribbean Investment programs are quite simple for applicants. You do not need to learn the language, know anything about national customs and traditions. You can choose the investment method from several options provided by law.
- Even in the most beneficial European program, the Citizenship by Investment takes more than six months from the moment of application to obtain a passport. And in the developed European countries, where there are no immigration programs, the process takes long 5-10 years.
In the Caribbean, citizenship can be obtained in just 1.5-2 months if you pay extra for the accelerated procedure.
5 reasons to choose Saint Kitts and Nevis
Specialists emphasize the program for attracting investments from all state programs which is carried out in St. Kitts and Nevis. And it is not a coincidence.
- The Citizenship by Investment program was launched in 1984 in St. Kitts and Nevis almost immediately after gaining independence from Britain. In fact, it is the oldest and most reliable government investment immigration program not only in the region but throughout the world. It means that the procedure of processing applications has been brought to perfection for decades of work. If the applicant chooses the accelerated option for obtaining a passport, he can be sure that he will become a Caribbean citizen within a short period of time.
- You have the right to obtain a Caribbean passport not only for yourself but for the whole family: for your spouse as well as financially dependent children under the age of 30 and parents over the age of 55. Please note that citizenship can be passed for future generations. What else, the fact of obtaining a second passport remains a secret which is especially important today when countries have begun exchanging information on tax residents actively.
- After gaining independence from Great Britain, the islands continue to be full members of the British Commonwealth of Nations and strengthen relations with other countries actively. Therefore, people who have obtained the second citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis for contribution to the economy are granted the right to visa-free travel to 150 different, including the states of the European Union, the UK, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
- St. Kitts and Nevis are also famous for favorable taxation. There is no income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax, gift tax. Property tax rates are extremely low here.
- For international companies registered in the country, the same rules apply as in internationally recognized tax-havens. The islands of St. Kitts and Nevis do not impose a corporate tax on profits earned outside the country. In addition, a second passport gives you more opportunities to work with high-class banking institutions in Europe.
Two ways to invest in St Kitts & Nevis citizenship
This hospitable country has one of the lowest thresholds for participation in the Citizenship by Investment program. There are currently two options of investing in the island economy to obtain a second passport.
Non-refundable contribution to the Sustainable Growth Fund
The cheapest way to invest in St. Kitts and Nevis starts at a minimum non-refundable investment of $150,000 for one investor. Your funds will contribute to the development of education, alternative energy, scientific productions, and tourism.
Non-refundable contribution is a one-off donation securing citizenship and is chosen by investors who do not want to return to this question. If you do not want to part with your money for good, the second method will suit you.
Investment in real estate
You can obtain St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship by purchasing a property and it will be considered a contribution to the national economy. And unlike a contribution to the sustainable growth fund, in a few years, you will be able to sell your purchase and get your money back. The term of ownership of real estate directly depends on the size of your investment. If you invest $200,000 it is 7 years. After 5 years the investors who have spent $400,000 and more can sell their real estate.
Who is suited to the citizenship of Saint Kitts and Nevis?
The population of St. Kitts and Nevis is just over 50,000. The number of investors who have obtained citizenship of this jurisdiction has now exceeded 16,000. All of these people have chosen a Caribbean passport to engage in international business or benefit from visa-free travel around the world.
Almost none of the investors have ever been to their second homeland. The immigration laws of St. Kitts and Nevis do not even provide for a direct application by the applicant to government agencies. The procedure is done through legal firms which allow you to get a second passport without leaving your home. To exclude completely unfair intermediaries, the government controls the activities of agent companies through licenses.
If you appreciate your time and money, if you often travel and need a convenient location to conduct international business and minimize costs, St. Kitts and Nevis will be the most reliable and convenient option. British law firm Imperial & Legal has been helping clients to get the second citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis for many years. Our experts will answer all your questions about Citizenship by Investment and will help you get a second passport in a short period of time.