Don’t underestimate the power of your FireStick thinking that it can only stream content. Check these best Firestick hacks of the year 2022 and be a pro.
Did you know, users can turn your FireStick into an entertainment hub? Yes, that is true! There are some fantastic FireStick hacks available with which Firestick performance can be improved. With these crazy useful FireStick hacks, you’ll be able to browse the internet, connect Bluetooth, and so on.
Amazon Firestick is a popular streaming device that supports Disney+, Netflix, and many more platforms to keep you entertained. In this article, we will discuss the quick tricks and tips that are worth knowing to change the user experience entirely.
All the hacks are verified as we tested them all by ourselves. So, let’s look at these useful best FireStick hacks of the year 2022 and use your streaming device in a whole new way.
The Best Useful FireStick Tips and Tricks of the Year 2022
Do you know how to sideload apps on FireStick? Or how does your FireStick goes in sleep mode? Maybe you want to change the screensaver but are not able to find the options? Well, there are many useful FireStick hacks such as these that we will be sharing in a while. Keep on reading.
1. Download Apps Not Available on FireStick App Store
If you are already using Firestick/Fire Tv for a long time, you probably know about the Downloader app. This helps to install those apps that are not available on FireStick App Store. Users can find the Downloader applications into the Amazon app store or by FireStick home.
With this video streaming APKs that users can use on Fire Sticks/Fire TVs. Some of the best sideloading apps are MX Player, Kodi, Unlinked, Cinema HD, Aptoide, and so on.
However, you need to use a tool like a Downloader to download these apps. The process of downloading third-party apps that are not officially available on the FireStick App Store is called Sideloading apps.
We have written a detailed guide on how to sideload apps on FireStick that will help you to download third-party apps from the internet. Do give it a look!
2. Use Amazon Fire TV Remote App to Control FireStick
You are probably not alone in who suffers the issue with Amazon Remote available with this device. Some of the common issues are battery failure, syncing app issues, and a lot more. Some of the times FireStick remote stops working, you should check out the guide to help you overcome this problem.
Also Read: How to Pair Firestick Remote?
But there is an app, Amazon Fire TV Remote, available to install on iOS and Android devices that functions similarly to Amazon remote control.
The best thing is that it is available on iOS and Android devices both. Another good thing about the remote app is you can use the mobile keyboard for typing as it is much faster than the given on-screen method.
3. Mirror Your iOS/Android Phone/Mac/Windows Screen on FireStick
You can mirror the screen on Mac, Android, iPhone, and others on FireStick. In addition, an application known as AirScreen is available on the Amazon App Store that helps mirror the screen of any of your devices on FireStick.
You can check our article on how to mirror Android, iPhone, or iPad screen on FireStick.
Here how you can do by following these steps:
- Go to the FireStick home and search for the AirScreen application by typing into the search bar.
- Download the app and open the application.
- Now, click on the Help and choose the desired device that you want to mirror on your FireStick.
And that’s how you can mirror any device screen on FireStick using the AirScreen app.
4. Turn Off Amazon Prime Video Auto-Play on Home Screen
The obnoxious video ad that runs at the top of the page screen is another common gripe among Firestick owners.
This generally auto-plays a film or Television program trailer, which can be annoying, especially if the volume is turned up high.
Fortunately, you can disable the auto-play feature and alter the settings so that only still screenshots show. To turn off this feature, follow the instructions below:
- Go to FireStick home page. Click on Settings (on the middle bar).
- From here, select Preferences option.
- Once you are in Preferences settings, click on Featured Content.
- Turn Off Allow Video Autoplay feature.
That is it, there will be no annoying Amazon Prime Video auto-play videos when you are on FireStick’s homepage. There are more ways to block ads on FireStick. Check out all the ways that will help you block ads on FireStick easily.
5. Turn off Clicking Sound on FireStick
Click sounds fine when it is daytime, but it becomes annoying at night. You get fear disturbing the sleep of anyone sleeping by your side. But here’s a piece of good news, you can turn off the click sound by following some simple steps.
To do so, follow these steps that will help you to turn off clicking sound on FireStick:
- Go to the Settings and click on the Display & Sound option.
- Next, you need to select Audio option.
- In Audio settings, Turn Off Navigation Sounds feature.
And that is how you turn off navigation sound/clicking sound on FireStick. Do not worry about disturbing others while navigating through FireStick to find your favorite movies or TV series.
6. Add Bluetooth Device on FireStick
There is a feature on the Fire TV that allows you to connect all of your Bluetooth gadgets to the device. Headphones, keypad remotes, game controllers, and other accessories fall under this category.
Follow these steps that will help you on how to add Bluetooth devices on FireStick:
- Go to the Settings from the Firestick home screen.
- Click on Controllers and Bluetooth option.
- Select Other Bluetooth Devices and then search and add your Bluetooth device.
This way, you will add the Bluetooth devices on your Firestick and enjoy connecting headphones and other things.
7. Jailbreak your FireStick
Many people think that the jailbreaking of FireStick is a nerve-wracking process. But this is very easy, and numerous websites are already making millions by selling this Jailbreak FireStick that contains hundreds of apps installed.
Here are the simple steps that you can follow. It will help you to jailbreak FireStick easily.
- Go to the FireStick Homepage. Click on Settings icon and then select My Fire TV.
- Choose the Developer Options.
- Turn On Apps from Unknown Sources option.
By doing so, you can install any app on your FireStick quickly and easily.
8. Change Screen Saver on FireStick
Do you feel overwhelmed with the Amazon screensavers displaying on Fire TV when it is on rest mode? Say no to the Amazon screensaver and set up your images as a screensaver. If you want to save your image as a screensaver, you need to download the Amazon Photos Application on your mobile phone.
Your phone gallery photos will automatically sync to the Amazon FireStick device. You need to find the Amazon Photos app on Amazon App Store and install it on FireStick.
Once the images get synced, you can convert them into a screen saver. Follow these steps to set up your screensaver on FireStick.
- Open Settings from the home screen and then select Display & Sounds.
- Choose Screensaver option.
- Select Current Screensaver from the drop-down menu. And click on Amazon Photos.
This is how you can set up your customized screen saver on FireStick.
9. Check Storage Space on FireStick
This is one of the simplest FireStick hacks, which usually people are unaware of. It is useful to know the app storage space in your device to easily delete some of the applications that aren’t useful to you, only gaining space.
In this way, you will improve the speed of exploring content. Here are the simple steps to follow and check storage space:
- Go to the Settings from the FireStick home page. From the drop-down, select the My Fire TV option.
- Click on About.
- Choose Storage. On the right-hand side, you can see the internal space that is available on your FireStick.
That’s it, this is how to check storage space on FireStick. Now, make an informed decision before deleting apps from your FireStick device.
Want to free up space on FireStick. Check out 4 ways to free up storage space on FireStick.
10. Check the FireStick Remote Battery Strength
Timely you need to check the batteries of the FireStick remote but don’t know how? Check these steps to check FireStick Remote battery strength on FireStick.
- First, visit the FireStick homepage and go to the Settings.
- Now, click on the Controller & Bluetooth Devices.
- Next, select the Amazon Fire TV Remotes option.
The battery strength is indicated on the right side. And that’s how you can check FireStick Remote battery strength.
11. Enable Screen Magnifier on FireStick
If you have a problem with your eyesight or your eyesight doesn’t work properly, then choose the Screen Magnifier feature on FireStick. This will help magnify the picture, and you’ll be able to stream content easily.
Screen Magnifier is an excellent tool to see content clearly by focusing on the content. If you want to enable the Screen Magnifier on FireStick, here are the few steps that you need to follow:
- Go to the “Home Screen. Open Settings.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Accessibility.
- In Accessibility settings, turn on Screen Magnifier.
And that is how you can enable Screen Magnifier on FireStick and navigate easily to find your favorite content.
12. Restart Firestick using Remote
If you want to power off/restart FireStick completely, hold the Select button and play/pause button for five seconds on FireStick Remote. Then, the FireStick will restart automatically. Look out for the other ways to restart FireStick.
Also Read: FireStick Keeps Restarting? [17 Ways to Fix]
13. Set Parental Controls Feature on FireStick
You can control what your child sees on the FireStick by using the parental control feature. By installing this, you can limit access to the applications your child watches. Hence, to enable parental controls to feature on FireStick, following these steps:
- Go to the Settings and select Preferences.
- From here, click on Parental Controls option. You can set the pin code to restrict access to the app and videos.
And that is how you can enable the Parental Controls feature on FireStick easily and get the restricted content away from your children.
14. Calibrate Display on FireStick
Calibrate display is an amazing FireStick hack that you can use to modify the screen size. Unfortunately, the screen size gets over zoomed in some cases, which is quite annoying. But if you are using this simple calibrated display feature, there will be no problem.
To calibrate the display on FireStick, make sure to follow the steps:
- Go to the FireStick menu and then click on Settings.
- Then, select Display & Sounds option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Display.
- Now, click on Calibrate Display to open the Set up menu.
With the help of the Up and Down key on FireStick Remove, you can easily adjust the display size on FireStick.
15. Open Shortcut Menu Using FireStick Remote
If you’re sick and tired of having to get into the Settings menu every other time you want to put Fire TV on sleep mode, Amazon has incorporated a simple solution by default.
The shortcut menu that you can open using FireStick Remote allows speedy navigation. To open the shortcut menu using FireStick remote, follow the steps below:
- Press and hold Home button on FireStick Remote.
- A popup menu will appear on the screen with command options such as Mirroring, Sleep, Apps, and Settings. The options will depend on the model you have.
This way, you can easily navigate through some common settings that you use frequently on FireStick.
Your Favorite FireStick Trick?
These are the best Amazon FireStick tips and tricks that help change the whole streaming content experience. However, you might know many hacks before; but those who recently purchased the FireTV can use these hacks for a smooth streaming experience.
Do you know any other trick that can be added to our list of best FireStick tips and tricks? It would be great if you let us know by sharing with us. We would update our article will new FireStick tips and tricks so bookmark this article for future reference.