Amazon’s official app store indeed contains a lot of great Fire TV apps, but there are other places where you can find more apps. Consider sideloading apps to get the most out of your Fire TV device. Want to know how to sideload apps on Fire TV Stick using the easiest ways possible? If yes, keep on reading that will help you to learn more about sideloading and how you can do it on your FireStick.
If you have heard Sideload Apps terms before, we are sure you know how beneficial it is. Sideloading on Fire TV Stick will help you to download apps that are not available on Amazon Fire TV Stick App Store.
You can’t sideload apps directly from Amazon for Fire TV Stick, so you’ll need to download them from a third-party website.
In principle, since FireStick runs Android, almost any Android app can be sideloaded, just as it can on a smartphone or tablet.
The Fire Stick is capable of running Kodi, AllCast, OS Emulators, web browser, podcast player, and many other apps that you can’t find directly on Amazon App Store.
Also Read: How to Install and Use Kodi on FireStick
Throughout this article, we will explore the most effective ways for sideloading apps onto your Fire Stick. But, before diving into that, please check what is sideloading apps, why you should do it, and whether it is advisable or not?
What is Sideloading Apps on Fire TV Stick?
You can sideload apps on Fire TV Stick through the method of ‘sideloading’, a technique that lets you install those apps that aren’t available through the Amazon app store. As a result, you can run Android apps such as Kodi that you would not have been able to access otherwise.
You need to have an APK file for the app you need to sideload on Fire TV Stick. You can download these apps’ APK files either from the developer’s official website or from various reputable third-party websites that are safe to use.
However, you need to make sure that you delete these APK files to free up storage space on FireStick. Also, find how to delete apps on FireStick if you have less space on your device to install new apps.
Is Sideloading Apps on Fire TV Stick Safe?
Yes, that’s safe. Using Fire TV’s sideloading feature does not require hacking, just connecting to the network from a computer and installing software manually.
You are not messing with the operating system of FireStick. Also, you are not doing anything that the Fire Stick can’t do. So go ahead and install some apps that you like but are not available on FireStick.
Believe us, you will thank us once you learn how to sideload apps on Fire TV Stick. There are a plethora of useful apps available that you won’t see on the Amazon App Store.
How to Prepare Your Fire TV Stick for Sideloading Apps?
Before we learn how to sideload apps on Fire TV Stick, we must first ensure that it is ready for sideloading. It is a relatively simple process.
Check the below steps on how to prepare your Fire TV Stick for Sideloading apps
- Access the Fire TV Settings menu. To do that, click the Settings icon that you will find on the bottom right-hand corner of the middle bar.
- Go to My Fire TV. Depending on your Fire TV device, you might need to choose Device rather than My Fire TV.
- After My Fire TV options are opened, click the Developer Options from the right pane to proceed further.
- Enable ADB Debubbing and Apps from Unknown Sources. Make sure they are turned ON.
- A confirmation prompt will pop up. Choose Turn On to confirm that you wish to run apps from unknown sources.
This is easy, right? Now, your FireStick is ready for sideloading apps. Let’s see how you can do so by scrolling down.
There are many other useful things that you can do on FireStick but not many know it. We have gathered a list of best FireStick tips and tricks that will help you in taking the most out of your streaming device.
How to Sideload Apps on Fire TV Stick
There are various methods available that you can use to sideload apps on Fire TV Stick. We will cover them one by one. But, make sure you pay good heed to the following methods to sideload apps on your Amazon Fire Stick.
So, let’s just not waste more time and check how to sideload apps on Fire TV Stick:
1. How to Sideload Apps on Fire TV Stick Using Downloader App
A great FireStick application, it is available on Amazon App Store and has become essential for FireStick users to download apps.
With Downloader by AFTVnews, you can download files from the web onto your Fire Stick or Fire TV from any web-enabled device.
You can use Downloader to download and side-load any file, but it is mainly used for downloading and side-loading third-party APK files that are not found on the Amazon Store.
Within the app, the Downloader app starts the installation of an APK file once you download it. To know how to use the Downloader app to sideload apps on Fire TV Stick, follow the below instructions:
- Open Home Page on your Fire Stick. Click on Find option on the middle bar of the home page.
- Next, click on Search button under it. Type Download in the search bar to perform a search.
- Select Downloader from the list of results.
- Once you see the list of apps. Click on Downloader icon to move further.
- Tap on Download button. It will download and install the app automatically.
- Once you have installed the Downloader, click on Open to proceed further.
- You will see a default home page just like in the image below. You need to enter the URL in the search box from where you want to download the APK file. In our case, we will use the most popular sideload the app and that is Kodi.
For example, enter Kodi.tv/download. You can enter any URL of your choice from where you want to download the app but make sure the site is trustable.
- Navigate to the app website using your Fire TV remote’s circle pad and center button, and then find the app you wish to install. Click on the app to start downloading.
- Wait for some time till the app is downloaded to the system.
- A prompt will pop up once the app is downloaded. Click on the Install button here.
- When your app is installed on FireStick, the Downloader app will ask you to delete the APK file as it is not needed. Click on Delete and then Delete if you get another confirmation prompt.
With that, app installation is completed. The app can now be used. You have successfully learned how to sideload apps on Fire TV Stick using the Downloader app.
How to Sideload Apps on Fire TV Stick Using Fire2App on Android Phone
There is a way to sideload directly from your Android phone to your Fire TV device. You need to download the Click2Fire app on an Android phone and you can sideload apps you have installed on your Android phone.
This method only works if the app you want to sideload has been designed to work with Fire TV. If you try to sideload an incompatible app, you will receive an error message.
So, follow the steps below on how to sideload apps on Fire TV Stick using Apps2Fire on an Android device:
- Download and Install Apps2Fire on your Android device.
- Once it is installed on your phone, click on the Kebab Menu (three vertical dots) on the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- On your Fire TV, navigate to Settings > My Fire TV > Network, and write down the listed IP address. It will look something like this as shown in the below image.
- On App2Fire App, select Setup option from here. Once it is opened, click on Network option. Now, put the IP address in the dialog box that you wrote down in the previous step.
- Make sure your FireTV and Android phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi Network. Otherwise, your Fire TV may not appear in the list if you are connected to a different Wi-Fi network on your phone and Fire TV.
- Locate your Fire TV and select to connect with it. Once the connection is successful between your Fire TV and Android device, you will get a confirmation prompt saying Connected. Click on OK to proceed further.
- Click on Local Apps. Here you can find the list of apps that you can sideload on Fire TV Stick.
- Locate and select the app you would like to sideload to your Fire TV device. Click the Install button.
- You will get a notification when the app is installed.
Turn on your Fire TV and find the app you just downloaded from the apps menu. The sideloaded app will now work with your Fire TV. And that’s how you can use Fire2App to sideload apps on Fire TV Stick. Another easy way to do it, right?
Once you learn sideloading apps, you can even download and watch Hulu if you are living outside the US. Find out how to install Hulu on FireStick even outside the US. However, you need to use a good VPN service on FireStick.
How to Sideload Apps on Fire TV Stick using AdbLink
AdbLink is a free program and is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. You can manage installed apps, add new content, or remove unwanted apps directly from your Fire TV using adbLink over Wi-Fi. Since you can use a keyboard and mouse to operate it, it’s extremely easy to use.
Although you must find IP address information before you begin, the setup can be more confusing for some people. You just require a PC or laptop connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Fire TV to sideload apps via adbLink.
Take a look below to check how you can sideload apps on Fire TV Stick using adbLink:
- Go to Settings > About > Network in Fire TV and note down the IP address of your device.
- Download the app from the adbLink website based on your operating system.
- Download and run adbLink as an administrator by right-clicking on the app icon and choosing Run as an Administrator option.
- Click on New next to the device box in adbLink welcome screen.
- In the next window, type a unique description and the IP address of your Fire TV Stick that we wrote above in the Address bar. Fill in the details and click on Save button.
- On your PC, download the apk files you want to add to your Fire Stick.
- In adbLink, click Install APK button.
- Navigate to the APK file you downloaded on your computer and click OK. adbLink will automatically install the app to your Fire TV device. You will get a notification once the app is installed.
Now, open Fire TV and you will be able to run the app that you have just downloaded. That’s it, this is how you can download sideload apps on Fire TV Stick using adbLink.
You can enable sideloading by simply amending the setting that enables third-party downloads. Fire TV Stick installs apps safely, and your warranty won’t be impacted. You can enjoy a new world of streaming options in just a couple of minutes after sideloading the right apps.
Ensure that you are downloading your files from a trusted source.
So, are you ready to start your sideloading journey? Take advantage of our methods for sideloading apps on your Fire TV Stick.
Finding any problem in any of the above solutions on how to sideload apps on Fire TV Stick? Do let us know and we will try to rectify it as soon as possible.