Want to download and install Hulu on FireStick? Little confused where to start from or outside the US? Don’t worry, we have explained both the ways to install Hulu on FireStick. Keep on reading!
Hulu has been one of the most widely used subscription-based on-demand services in the United States for many years. Currently, Disney owns the company in its entirety. Hulu’s wide selection of original content acquired from other media providers and production houses sets them apart.
According to many, the Hulu app is the best streaming app available. It consists of a wide variety of video content, including TV shows, live sports (NFL, Olympics, Golf, etc. ), and movies. Hulu has a huge selection of live sports and music events from all over the world. Hulu is a product of a partnership between Walt Disney, AT&T, Comcast, and 21st-Century Fox.
Hulu is geographically restricted, so if you live outside of the United States you will need a VPN to watch videos. You can also install a VPN to keep your online activities private and secure. In this article, we explain how to install Hulu on FireStick.
There is a simple way to install Hulu on a Fire TV Stick device. The method involves installing the Hulu app directly from the Amazon Store.
What is Hulu?
Originally, Hulu was created as a joint venture between News Corporation and NBC Universal, Providence Equity Partners, and later with The Walt Disney Company as a platform for the aggregation of recent episodes of television shows from each of their respective networks. When Hulu launched ‘Hulu Plus in 2010’, it was the first streaming service to add “Plus” to its name. With Hulu Plus, subscribers had access to complete seasons of shows from Hulu and other partners, with no delays.
There are dozens of popular TV shows available on Hulu on FireStick, including Grey’s Anatomy, Outlander, Westworld, Chernobyl, The Masked Singer, The Resident, The Outsider, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Killing Eve, Rick & Morty, and several others. You must purchase their premium network subscriptions separately to watch some of these shows.
Video is uploaded to Hulu’s site, and customers can embed video clips on their websites. Hulu’s hosting is syndicated to other websites as well.
In addition to NBC, ABC, and Fox programs and movies, Hulu carry shows from networks: A&E, Big Ten Network, Bravo, E!, Fox Sports 2, FOX, PBS, NFL Network, Oxygen, RT America, Fox Sports 1, SundanceTV, Syfy, USA Network, NBCSN, and online comedy sources such as Onion News Network.
What are the Features of Hulu?
There are numerous features in Hulu that can make anyone subscribe to their services. Some of the Hulu features are mentioned below:
- There are lots of content options available on Hulu.
- A user will get a personalized TV experience that is supported via AI.
- Sports news is available for upcoming events.
- Once a subscriber has the subscription, the user can view content free of advertising.
- It has a partnership with Disney Plus and ESPN+.
- A subscriber can access HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and Starz’s content.
Is Hulu Available on FireStick?
It is indeed possible to install Hulu on the FireStick. It is a good match with Amazon’s FireStick. The application can be downloaded in just a few minutes.
The FireStick is incredibly fast and easy to use, according to those who have already used it. You can view a large amount of TV content on a pocket-sized device with Hulu, so you can watch everything you want, wherever you go.
Not only Fire Stick TV, but Hulu streaming service is also accessible on several devices, including the Amazon FireStick, Xbox One, Roku devices, PCs, Sony Playstation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles, Mac, Android, and iOS devices, and Chromecast.
How to Install Hulu on FireStick?
If you are with us by now, you should have a pretty good understanding of what Hulu is and if it can be accessed on FireStick. It is now time for us to move on to the meat of our article. Hulu installation on a FireStick is a pretty straightforward process.
Well, the Hulu app is free to download, you have to pay for subscription services. Moreover, here are the steps that you can follow to install Hulu on FireStick easily:
- Assuming that already have a working FireStick on TV, open the Home Page to start the process of installing Hulu.
- If you have a new version of FireStick OS installed on your device, tap on Find option in the middle bar for FireStick Home Screen.
Please note that if you are running an old version of FireStick OS, you need to click on Search (Lens Icon) that you will top-left corner of the screen.
- Once the Find option is opened, click on Search button.
- After that, in the search box, type Hulu and you will see some apps along with the Hulu app. You will need to click on Hulu after the results are displayed.
- This will open the Hulu app page on the FireStick TV screen. Click on Icon just next to the Download button.
The download will start immediately following the click of Download. It is important to wait for it to complete.
That is it, this is how you can install Hulu on FireStick after following the simple steps that we have mentioned above. Once the download is complete, click the Open button to start the Hulu service.
How to Install Hulu on FireStick Outside US?
Are you facing any problems while following the above method to install Hulu on FireStick? Well, the above method is a default one, we have another solution if you face any issue. We will download the Hulu app APK file.
This solution is for those too who wish to install Hulu on FireStick if you live outside the US. Yes, the Hulu app works only in the US only.
Follow these below steps on how to install Hulu on FireStick outside the US via downloading APK file:
- Open FireStick Home Page and click on the Settings icon on the extreme right-hand corner of the middle bar.
- Scroll down and tap on My Fire TV option.
- From the right pane, you need to choose Developer options.
- Make sure Apps from Unknown Sources is On mode. This will allow the installation of apps that are not available on FireStick Appstore.
- Exit the Settings app, click on Find, and then Search Option (Follow Step no. 2 – 3 from the above method).
- Type Downloader and click on it from the list of results.
- You need to click on the Downloader app once the page loads.
- Click on the Download icon and it will install the app on your Fire Stick TV.
- Once the app is installed, click on Open icon to run it.
- On the welcome screen, a dialog box will be displayed. Enter the below URL in the dialog box and press on Go.
- Once the page is open, click on Download APK. This will download the APK file on your Fire Stick TV.
- After the download is complete, you have to tap on the Install button.
- A dialogue box will open once the installation is finished. You need to click on Delete and Delete button again.
- Now, press on Find and then Search button and type Hulu to open the Hulu app on your FireStick TV.
That’s how you can install Hulu on FireStick outside the US.
Please Note: Before performing this action, make sure you have a reliable VPN installed on FireStick. You need to install VPN and then choose a US IP address to access the Hulu app outside the US.
The on-demand streaming video service Hulu is popular. You can now stream Hulu from your FireStick by following the steps above. Simply download the Hulu app from Amazon’s App Store. Only a handful of portable devices support Hulu, including the Amazon FireStick.
Despite this, you probably are aware that the Hulu app is only available in the US. Using a VPN service such as ExpressVPN will allow you to access it from outside of the United States. This is the best guide for figuring out how to install Hulu on FireStick and watch it from anywhere in the world.
If you are still confused with any of the steps above on how to install Hulu on FireStick, do let us know and we will try to fix the problem as soon as possible.