In this article you will learn how to delete apps on Firestick and Fire TV devices permanently, multiple ways to delete firestick apps and clear storage.
Do you want to install apps on FireStick but are annoyed with the insufficient storage? The Amazon Firestick is a popular choice for millions of users across the globe.
However, the device comes with several pre-installed apps and Amazon says that these apps are on Fire TV to make sure that the device runs smoothly.
However, some bloatware apps are not essential. Also, some of the apps you might have downloaded earlier that you don’t need now.
You can delete them to free up storage space if you want to download new apps. There are different solutions that you can choose to delete apps on FireStick.
But, before we come to the solutions, you should be aware of what apps you can delete from FireStick. This will help you to delete apps that are required by FireStick to run the OS.
Also Read: How to Reset FireStick Remote?
Apps you can Delete from FireStick
There are numerous apps present on the Amazon Firestick. These are pre-installed and come with the device.
While some of these apps are necessary for the proper functioning of the device, others are not. That is why you need to check if the apps are needed or not.
While attempting to uninstall these apps, you will find that some do not have the uninstall option.
That is because these apps are essential for the efficient functioning of the Firestick. You will need them to ensure that there is no interference.
However, some bloatware apps also come with the Amazon Firestick. The bloatware apps are those that do not affect the functioning of the device.
But they end up taking up a considerable amount of space. You can delete these apps to free up space.
There are chances that you have downloaded apps from Amazon App Store but now you don’t want it or use it anymore.
You can delete such apps that will let you have more space.
Also, check out some other ways to free up storage space on FireStick to clear up the space.
Want to clear the only cache on FireStick apps, check out this article: How to Clear Cache on FireStick
How to Delete Apps on FireStick
So, now you know what apps can be deleted on your FireStick. Do check out how to delete these apps on FireStick.
There are multiple ways you can delete pre-installed apps on the Amazon Firestick.
No matter which of these solutions you choose, one thing they do is help you to get rid of apps you don’t want on FireStick. Or maybe not planning to use them anymore.
So, without wasting any time further, let’s check out all the ways that you can use to delete apps on FireStick one by one.
Deleting apps can help solve many problems such as overheating issues on FireStick.
1. Delete Apps on FireStick Via Applications Tab
The most common solution is via the applications tab on FireStick. Take a look at the steps below that you need to adapt to delete apps on FireStick:
1. Ensure the connection of the Firestick and remember to turn it on.
2. Click on Settings icon on the home screen (it is the gear icon present on the middle bar).
3. Choose Applications from here.
4. Press on Manage Installed Applications on the right pane.
5. Here, you will find the list of applications that are present on the device. Tap on the app you want to delete on FireStick.
6. Once you click on the app name, you will see some options. Select Uninstall from those.
7. Now, you will see a pop-up message that asks if you are sure about uninstalling that particular app. Here, press Uninstall once again.
After a few seconds, you will find the app deleted. These are the steps that you can follow to delete the apps on FireStick via the Applications tab that you don’t need.
That way, you can free up storage space and aid in the efficient running of the device.
Related: How to Pair Firestick Remote?
2. Delete Apps On FireStick Using Remote
Another solution and one of the easiest ways to delete apps on Firestick is by using the remote. The process is simple and doesn’t involve complicated steps.
But you need to make sure that your Fire TV Remote is paired with the device otherwise you won’t be able to perform the steps shown below:
Check out the steps that you need to follow on how to delete apps on FireStick using Remote:
1. Connect the Firestick to your device and turn it on. Make sure the remote is paired to your FireStick TV.
2. Press Home button present on the remote.
3. Now, press Apps icon that you will find on the middle bar of the home screen. Here, you will find the list of apps that is present on the device.
4. Use the buttons on the remote to hover to the app you want to uninstall. On remote, you need to press Options Menu (three vertical lines) as shown in the below image.
5. You will see a list of options on the extreme right. Choose Uninstall from here.
6. Here, you will see a pop-up message that asks if you are sure you want to continue with the uninstallation. Click on uninstall again.
7. Wait for some time for the app to delete.
Couldn’t find the app you want to uninstall on the homepage of App Library?
Do not worry, the home page of App Library shows only the recent apps you have opened.
You need to click on App Library card shown at the end.
Here you will see all the apps installed on the FireStick TV. Click on any app and press Options button on the remote.
Choose Uninstall and this will delete the app that was not shown previously on the screen.
These are the steps that you can follow to delete the apps on Firestick using the remote with ease.
Are you facing buffering issue on FireStick? Check out 10 ways to fix FireStick buffering problem.
3. Delete Apps on FireStick Using ES Explorer
Another way to get rid of pre-installed apps on the Amazon Firestick is via ES Explorer. It is a third-party app that helps you handle apps present on the Firestick.
However, for this solution, you will need to have the ES File Explorer on the Firestick.
If you don’t have the ES File Explorer, you need to download it from the Amazon App Store.
Please note that the app is not free and now charges one-time fees of $9.99. It is one of the most useful apps used to remove or add applications on the Firestick.
Assuming you have ES Explorer installed on your FireStick or just downloaded it. Please check the below steps that you can follow to delete apps on FireStick using ES File Explorer app.
1. Launch ES File Explorer on FireStick.
2. Once it is opened, choose Library from the left pane.
3. On the right pane, click on Apps icon.
4. Here, you will see the list of pre-installed apps on your device.
5. Click the app that you want to remove from the list.
6. After tapping on the app that you want to delete, you need to click on Uninstall option.
7. Here, a pop-up message will appear that will ask if you want to go with the app deletion. Here, select OK. And it will uninstall/delete the app on Firestick.
These steps will help you delete apps from the Amazon firestick with ease. In case you want to delete multiple apps at the same time, using the ES File Explorer is an excellent idea.
You will just need to select the apps you want to remove and then delete them simultaneously. There is no need to repeat the process again and again.
How to Delete All Apps on FireStick
While ES File Explorer is a great way to delete multiple apps at the same time but it is not free and you need to pay $9.99.
So, there’s another way that lets you delete all apps on FireStick but can’t select multiple apps. Either all or none!
This solution is for those who are tired of deleting one pre-installed app at a time on the Firestick.
Do you not have time for selecting one app at a time for deletion on the Firestick?
In that case, there is a solution that lets you delete all the apps on FireStick at once. However, you must understand that all apps will get deleted.
Also Read: 15 Useful Firestick Tips and Tricks
This method is mostly preferred when too many apps lead to a slowing down of the device.
In that case, the best solution is to opt for the factory reset and refresh the Firestick.
Here are the steps that you can follow to delete all the apps on FireStick:
1. Connect the Firestick and then turn it on.
2. Opt for the Settings icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Once you are inside FireStick’s Settings, select My Fire TV to proceed further.
4. From here, choose Reset to Factory Defaults.
5. Here, you will get a pop-up message. “You are about to reset your Amazon Fire TV Stick to its original factory settings. Your sign-in information and personal preferences will be lost.”
6. Select Reset and that way you can reset your FireStick to factory defaults. It will delete all the apps on FireStick.
It is, without a doubt, that Amazon Firestick is a reliable and well-known streaming device available in the market.
However, insufficient storage due to pre-installed or unused apps can cause problems. That is why you must locate such apps that do not affect the functioning of the device and delete them.
To delete these apps from Amazon Firestick, you must know the different ways.
That way, you can improve the performance of the device and get more space at the same time. We have tried every possible way to explain how to delete apps on FireStick.
If you have any confusion in following any of these ways to delete apps on FireStick, do let us know in the comments section below. We will try to solve it for you.
So, what is the wait for? Ready to start deleting apps? Start now and enjoy the streaming on Firestick.